Arden Group is a privately held, vertically-integrated real estate fund manager, investor, and operator that owns and finances properties across the United States. Since our founding in 1989, Arden Group has managed more than $5.5 billion of real estate assets and acquired and/or developed more than $3.5 billion of properties through joint ventures and discretionary investment funds. Through our equity and debt funds, Arden Group is focused on investing in and lending to value-add properties located in larger U.S. markets with demonstrated positive demand factors and historical market resiliency. Our fiduciary mindset, coupled with an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, has resulted in a track record of strong returns for our investors that spans 30 years across multiple market cycles.*
*Arden Group’s track record is available upon request to fund investors and includes direct investments as well as funds’ investments. Fund track records are audited. Preqin’s ratings are based on internal rates of return.
What We Do
In 2012, Arden Group established its first discretionary real estate fund, which is fully invested with a total capitalization of approximately $240 million. Arden Group, in late 2014, closed a second fund, which is expected to have $750 million in purchasing power.
Our core investment strategy:
- Focus on the top 20 markets in the United States that exhibit positive demand factors with a keen focus on white collar job growth and limited new supply
- Focus on only top locations with the selected target markets
- Acquire core quality assets at discounted pricing because of non-core circumstances
- Reposition high-quality, financially distressed assets that have in-place cash flow and present a high potential for value appreciation
- Focus primarily on downside protection, followed by upside value creation driven by our operational and repositioning expertise
- Employ extensive market research, due diligence and underwriting expertise
- Leverage Arden Group’s combined executive experience of 350+ years
The JBJ Soul Foundation, co-founded and co-chaired by Jon Bon Jovi and Craig A. Spencer, combats issues that force families and individuals into economic despair.
Our goal is to identify and maximize the human potential in those affected by poverty and homelessness by establishing programs that assist in providing food and affordable housing, while also supporting social services and job training programs.
The JBJ Soul Foundation began its work through the local efforts of the Philadelphia Soul Arena Football Team, and its owners Jon Bon Jovi and Craig A. Spencer. The foundation quickly expanded its commitment by developing role models for Philadelphia residents on an individual level, a corporate level, and a community level. This effort includes establishing, promoting, and assisting in enduring solutions that help rebuild pride in one’s self and one’s community.